At O'Dwyer & Jones we provide all the services and information that is required to apply for a pet passport. The following conditions have to be met in order for your pet to travel outside of Ireland:
- Your pet is traveling to an eligible country;
- Your pet is identified by means of a microchip and official passport;
- Your pet must have its annual vaccinations up-to-date at the time of travel;
- Your pet must also be vaccinated against rabies at least 21 days before the date of travel to another EU country;
- It is an essential requirement that your pet is presented to us for a health check and for defleaing, deticking, and deworming 24 hours before travel;
- We will then issue your pet an EU Pet Passport on completion of all these steps.
Please note that for non-EU destination countries will have their own Pet Passport requirements. We advise that you contact the Embassy of the country of destination or for more details please see http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/pets/