Unwanted behaviours , pregnancies and certain health conditions can all be prevented by neutering your pet. Dogs and cats can be neutered from 6 months of age, depending on their development.
Our neutering fees include VAT and :
Reasons for Spaying Female Dogs
Some people think that by neutering dogs they become overweight and oversized. With a proper diet and exercise this is easily controlled.
1. Do not feed your pet after 8pm the evening before their operation.
2. They can keep their water bowls overnight but it must be taken away from them first thing in the morning of their operation.
3. Walk your dog on the morning of the operation so that they can pass any digested food and drink.
4. Do not allow your pets to scavenge around the garden and keep them dry and clean.
5. Keep your cat indoors the night before their operation.
If you have not complied with one or more of the rules above, please contact the clinic first thing in the morning of your pet's surgery and tell our veterinary nurse.
When bringing your pet into our clinic please make sure that dogs are kept on a well-controlled lead and that cats and furries are kept in a secure carrier.
We use this human grade method of anaesthesia as it provides us with a very safe method of performing surgery. With older or very sick patients we will often advise a blood-screening test prior to surgery.
For more information on Pet Neutering contact O’Dwyer and Jones Vets in Clane, Maynooth and Edenderry